Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2011

FORT RICHARDSON BARRACKS

Cheryl and I went to FORT RICHARDSON to get some photos of the old fort. The people there were very nice and have done a great job keeping the frontier heritage alive for our future generations.
This photo is of the restored barracks. As I was walking around the inside thinking of the best way to photograph this scene, I could hear the Texas wind whistling in the pickets that made up the walls of the structure. In my mind I could just imagine what it must have been like to be in my late teens far from home, serving in the military and making this barracks my home.
I took my sound recorder out and recorded the sounds of the wind and took a couple of photos, and with a little computer magic was able to get the effect I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment